When it comes time to buy a home, finding the right one in the right neighborhood at a cost that fits your budget is not an easy job.
“Joyce is everything you want in a realtor– honest, personable, committed, and she LISTENS! I bought my first condo with her in July of 2011, and it was a very tricky search—I had a very specific budget, a very specific area where I wanted to live, AND I have pets, including a 50 pound dog, which very few condo communities allow. Joyce helped me find the perfect place–two and a half years later, I still love it!” – C Chilcoat
I am a licensed experienced professional with specialized skills. Here are the many benefits you receive when working with me:
- I know the local market and can focus in on the areas that have the greatest possibilities for finding a home at the price you want.
- I will organize, expedite and get documents to the appropriate places for you to save time. Homes that don’t meet your specific needs are removed.
- I will make appointments, preview homes with you, and help you determine which homes best fit your needs.
- I have access to the multiple listing service (MLS), a service that provides access to thousands of homes for sale.
- I will supply information and make appointments to see almost any property listed for sale. I know how to get detailed information, or an appointment, even if the house is not listed with a RE/MAX
- When you find the right home to buy, I will guide you through the negotiation process, the legal documents and the details that follow.
“A few months before our wedding, my wife and I were in search of a new home. We had a high level understanding of what we wanted; location, size, etc. Joyce worked with us from the very beginning to understand what our needs were and what we wanted out of our new home. Joyce was great, showing us multiple homes in a few different locations to help educate us on what was available in the current real estate market. She also helped us discover how some of our wants and needs were more important than others as we continued our search. In the end, we ended up getting everything we wanted in our new home and we are very thankful to Joyce for all her help and guidance through the process. I would highly recommend Joyce to my friends, family and coworkers who are interested in selling or buying a new home.” – Paul & Ember T
“Joyce provided me excellent real estate service to help me to find a new home. She has a great knowledge of the real estate market and was able to find several homes that met my needs. She was friendly, courteous, professional, and went out of her way to accommodate my schedule when showing homes. I would highly recommend Joyce for your real estate needs.” – Dave P
Tips for Buyers
The key to finding the right home is organization. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Before you start house-hunting, decide how much house you can afford. I will refer you to a loan officer to pre-qualify you for your home. To see how much home you are able to afford, use our mortgage calculator section.
- Prioritize what is most important and what is least important in a home. Make a list of everything you want in a home. We will go over your list so I know exactly what you need in your home.
- Make notes as you look at the home. Some people even take along tape recorders to remember which features go to which home.
- Once you’ve found the home you want to buy, together we’ll complete a purchase and sale agreement. This is the contract in which the seller and the buyer outline the details of the property transfer.
- A closing date is jointly agreed-upon during the negotiation stage of the transaction. Before closing, the closing agent (usually an escrow or title company or attorney) will complete a thorough settlement statement for both buyer and seller.
Once you and the sellers have mutual acceptance on the home I will provide you a list of preferred home inspectors. The inspector will look for large repairs that are needed and report on the condition of the home.